Wednesday, September 24, 2014

What Three Months Can Do

Tomorrow Norey turns 3 months old. And time continues to pass quicker than is acceptable.

Norey came into the world June 25th, 7 minutes after midnight. The first three hours of her life were uneventful. Just as so many other mothers experience them. The following 3-4 days were more than any of us anticipated.

We came home Saturday, June 29th. My parents were unpatiently waiting for us to arrive. I do not remember a time before or since that the house has been so clean.

By the end of that following week I began to think "Oh no, we've made a horrible mistake. What was I thinking?!" Then I got a good, long nap. And then "Oh, yes. This is exactly what we wanted."

I've never so deeply appreciated leaving the house to go to the grocery store. Even for 20 minutes.

We went on a family almost-stay-cation to Palestine in mid-August. Stayed two weeks. Relaxing with her there was wonderful. So many things change and develop over such a short period of time.

September brought a breeze through the kitchen door. And testing of patience. And trying out new bottles. And new bedtimes. And...

No comments:

Post a Comment