Monday, December 29, 2014

Time to clean house

I'm giving this Whole 30 plan a go starting January 2. I'm working on the first week's meal plan now as Norey bounces in her exersaucer to my left. I'm adding links to the meals/dishes that I've found online. Several links go to the online resource for Diane Sanfilippo's book Practical Paleo. I'm using this to help me get started since 1) I already own it and 2) I've tried several recipes and know those that I like.

Breakfast: All week I'm making fruit smoothies in my Magic Bullet. A mix of banana, kale, spinach, chard, frozen berries (blackberry, raspberry, and blueberry) and organic applesauce (just mushed up organic apples).

Lunch: I'm working on this. I'll probably start with lettuce rolled around meat, an egg white or two, and something else. Once I've cooked a few dinners, then the leftovers will likely become a staple of my lunches. There will probably be a lot of leftovers from each meal, and it drives me nuts to have the fridge over-filled.

Dinner: Here's where the magic *should* happen...

Friday (January 2nd): Grilled flank steak with a side of sauteed spinach and roasted sweet potato

Saturday: Chicken wings with roasted garlic aioli

Sunday: Spaghetti Squash pasta with a small side salad (I am not going to be adding the cheese, but other than that this will be very similar to the linked recipe)

Monday: Mustard crusted salmon with asparagus

Tuesday: Tangy taco salad with a side of Mexican "rice"

Wednesday: Beef and Veggie Stir-Fry

Thursday: Buffalo chicken lettuce wraps

So this should get me through week number one. I'm guessing this will be the tough one. But we can do just about anything for 30 days...right? Although the husband has already said I should give myself one night a week to have a drink. I'll think on that one. ;)

I'm continuing to explore websites with meals available. And am part of the Whole30 - January 15 Beginners FB group. Maybe through meal sharing and encouragement we can all push through and clean up our bodies.


No comments:

Post a Comment